As an activist and with the vast experience of working in Sunderban area which is the World's largest Mangrove forest and home of thousands of rare animals & birds, we believe this is the high time to rethink and make things happen which are needed to resist the inclination of Earth's surface temperature. These are the basic things which need to be implemented to save the Sunderban.
- Make sure emissions peak in 2015 and decrease as rapidly as possible towards zero after that.
- Developed countries must make cuts of 40 percent on their 1990 carbon emissions by 2020.
- Developing countries must slow the growth of emissions by 15-30 percent by 2020, with support from industrialized nations.
- Protect tropical forests with a special funding mechanism – forests for climate.
- Replace dirty fossil fuel energy with renewable energy and increase energy efficiency.
- We need a monitoring and measurement body, who will be continually monitoring Sunderban, and design project for appropriate measurement.
- Along with human flood relief center, we need to setup sufficient wild animal rescue & flood relief centers as well.
- Sunderban need national and international fund available to act for stopping deforestation and increase forestation.
- Climate change human and wild animal refuges need proper rehabilitation where international organization/country must be funding for these.